CDA Fast Track program
CDA FAST TRACK is a personalized CDA preparation program designed for experienced early childhood professionals who had accumulated classes from different sources and now they are ready to combine it all into a Child Development Associate Credential. Candidates participating in CDA Fast Track will be able to complete most of required work in privacy of their home. Our teachers make a visit to a candidate’s location to explain whole CDA process and develop detailed, time specific plan which will best fit each candidate. We will continue working with such individuals closely to guide them every step of the way from the very beginning to a moment of receiving CDA certificate. We require only very minimum computer skills and access to a working E-mail.
Experienced Professional Development specialist will conduct following services for each student:
- Review all evidence of student’s early childhood education and categorize it into CDA subject areas
- Provide, if necessary, all missing training hours in correspondence form at 50%
- Provide detailed instructions on preparing Family Questionnaire and Professional Portfolio
- Provide a completed Professional Portfolio folder which will serve as a visual example of how resource collection and reflective statement of competence should look like.
- Review and correct Professional Portfolio(Up to two times)
- Conduct one, two hours inspection in a student’s classroom to prepare environment for verification visit
- Instruct students how to complete on line application
- Provide scholarship information,(if available) for CDA application
- Help prepare to CDA Exam by providing detail instructions and two home practice tests.
- Provide instructions on scheduling CDA Exam
Each student is responsible to purchase CDA 2.0 Competency Standard Book, pay for CDA application fee and obtain missing training hours.CDA FAST TRACK must be completed within six month
**Our CDA acceptable training rate is 10dollars/hour CDA FAST TRACK students will pay 5 dollars/hour. Students may choose to receive missing training hours from different sources.
Price for CDA Fast Track is is 350 dollars
A CDA credential is valid for three years from the date of award. We can help in renewal process by providing following services:
• Submitting CDA renewal candidate application online.
• Assessing candidate’s early childhood education and supplying missing training necessary for renewal, up to 45 hours. Training will be in a correspondence form.
• Submitting required professional training documents with renewal application
• Serving as a candidate ECE Reviewer
• Completing section D of CDA Renewal Application and the Recommendation Form
• Verification of 80 hours minimum of current work experiences with young children.
• Obtaining and submitting proof of membership in national ECE association
• Submitting required First Aid and Infant/Child (Pediatric) certification with renewal application.
• Checking and submitting all required documents before the CDA renewal deadline.
• Working with renewal candidate as long as it takes until she/he has CDA successfully renew.
Price for CDA Renewal is 245 dollars + separate fee of $125 charged directly by CDA
Tatiana Strachan works for the Council for professional recognition as a PDS (Professional Development Specialist for CDA credentials.) She completes the CDA Verification Visit. She reviews the candidate’s documentation, observes the candidate working with children, and conducts a reflective dialogue with the candidate. To request Tatiana Strachan to be your PD specialist type her name or 98052 zip in a Find a PD Specialist Online Directory which you can access via the Council’s website, www.cdacouncil.org.
CDA Assessment is free. It is included in CDA final test.